We can provide you with expert legal advice on Wills and Probate. This includes the making of your will as well as supporting you with trusts, administration of estates (often referred to as ‘probate’), issues regarding inheritance tax planning and the management of people’s affairs when their capacity is impaired.
Planning for the future is an important part of life. Gaining the peace of mind that comes from knowing your loved ones will be properly provided for can be priceless. That is why it is increasingly important to make a Will.
Making a Last Will & Testament creates certainty, reduces worry and gives you the peace of mind of knowing exactly how your money, property and possessions will be distributed after your death.
We can help with a wide range of issues surrounding Wills and Probate including:
- Powers of Attorney
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Planning for the cost of Long Term Care
- Living Wills
- Administration of Estates on behalf of Executors where Wills have been made or Intestacy where there is no Will
- Administration of Trusts
- Disputed wills and Contentious Probate
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Succession Planning
- Administration of estates
- Elderly client affairs
- Provision for clients with special needs or disabilities
Ouse Services Include:
- Taking instructions from you at an initial meeting.
- Deciding the most appropriate course of action, based on your circumstances.
- Keeping all parties informed throughout the process.
- Obtaining valuations for any property and contents.
- Preparing the necessary forms.
- Registering probate.
- Obtaining grant of probate, copies and providing these to the executor.
Our average costs for these matters are between £500 and £3,000 plus VAT.
Our hourly rates are as below:
|£425 plus VAT (approx.)
|Solicitor or in-house Barrister
|£350 plus VAT (approx.)
|Paralegal or Legal Trainee
|£175 plus VAT (approx.)
On average this type of work entails around 4 to 8 weeks of work. The full administration of an estate can take around 6 months, depending on whether third parties are involved. The exact duration and costs of your case may vary depending on the circumstances. For a more accurate quote, please contact us at Audley Chaucer.
Costs quoted here do not include:
- Court fees – an updated list can be found at https://www.gov.uk/court-fees-what-they-are
- Other expenses, such as HM Land Registry fees, relevant searches and other third-party costs which may be required
We will let you know at the earliest opportunity if any of these costs are applicable.
Please note these rates apply from January 2019 and will be reviewed annually.
Typical disbursements include:
- Land Registry Document Fees are typically £3.90 including VAT per document.
- Probate Application fee of £215 which is only applicable to estates over the value of £5000. There is a £1.50 fee applicable for additional copies of the probate. These disbursements are not subject to VAT.
- The cost of a Legal Notice in the London Gazette is approximately £185 plus VAT.
- Bankruptcy Search for UK beneficiaries costs £2.90 including VAT. Additional fees apply to overseas beneficiaries.
- Other disbursements may include valuations of properties and personal possessions, these vary depending on which valuer is used.
Our fees and some disbursements are subject to VAT at 20%.