We can offer extensive support and expertise in franchising and distribution.
Franchising is a key means of bringing branded products and services to market quickly, and on a global scale. In addition to our technical expertise in franchise and distribution law, we can offer additional support in the related areas of technology and IT Information Technology, IP Intellectual Property, competition, tax, real estate and litigation.
- Structuring and documenting franchise and distribution programmes, including agreements and collateral documents
- Advising companies on structuring distribution relationships that comply with UK, EU, US and other competition and regulatory laws
- Restructuring existing franchise and distribution relationships
- Franchise conversion and ‘combination’ or ‘co-branding’ relationships
- Advising in relation to orderly franchise and dealership terminations
- Addressing relationship problems and advising on ways to enhance franchise and distribution relationships
- Representing franchise and distribution companies in litigation, arbitration, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution techniques
- Advising franchising and distribution companies with respect to the impact of developments in technology and communication on their franchise and distribution relationships, including electronic commerce issues
- Developing supply programmes for franchisees and distributors, such as buying cooperatives owned by franchisees and distributors
- Expansion into foreign countries through master franchising, area development relationships, joint ventures and other structures
- Advising buyers of area development and master franchises, and joint ventures, and negotiating related agreements
- Advising companies that provide materials and supplies to franchise networks