UK employment law is continually changing and evolving in response to Government and EU legislation and the outcomes of significant cases. It is important to make sure that you keep track of the latest developments.
We have experience in discrimination matters, harassment cases, TUPE issues, compromise agreements and employment tribunals. In addition we have experience in niche areas of employment law including employee data protection issues, restrictive covenants and team moves, and business immigration matters.
We can provide you with high quality advice and support which covers the full range of employment law matters including:
- Contracts, policies and procedures
- Employment disputes and tribunals
- Redundancy situations and termination of employment
- Compromise agreements
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Employee benefits
Our Services Include:
- Taking instructions from you at an initial meeting.
- Deciding the most appropriate course of action, based on your circumstances.
- Keeping all parties informed throughout the process.
- Drafting initial pleadings.
- Preparing schedules of loss.
- Working ahead of hearings, producing bundles and drafting witness statements.
- Instructing and liaising with barristers, if necessary.
Our average costs for these matters are between £500 and £5,000 plus VAT.
Our hourly rates are as below:
|Partner||£425 plus VAT (approx.)|
|Solicitor or in-house Barrister||£350 plus VAT (approx.)|
|Paralegal or Legal Trainee||£175 plus VAT (approx.)|
On average these cases entail 6 months of work. The exact duration and costs of your case may vary depending on the circumstances. For a more accurate quote, please contact us at Audley Chaucer.
Costs quoted here do not include:
- Court fees – an updated list can be found at https://www.gov.uk/court-fees-what-they-are
- Barristers’ fees for hearings can range from £500-£2500 plus VAT (approx.)
- Other expenses as required, such as for travel or copying documents
We will let you know at the earliest opportunity if any of these costs are applicable.
Please note these rates apply from January 2019 and will be reviewed annually.
Our fees and some disbursements are subject to VAT at 20%.
The timescale for completion of employment matters depends on the nature of the matter. Typically matters conclude between 1 week and 3 months.