We have experience of licensing and gaming law. We can deal with all type of venues and licences for bars, private members clubs, casinos, online gaming websites, clubs, restaurants, hotels, convenience stores, supermarkets, department stores, cinemas, football stadia, theatres, arenas, museums, art galleries, fast food outlets, catering contracts and live music festivals.
The Licensing Act 2003 has had a dramatic effect on the control and administration of alcohol licensing for all venues selling alcohol, providing regulated entertainment and late night refreshment. This has not led to the continental café culture, and the “light touch” that was envisaged, but instead a more regulated and proactive control of all licensed premises.
We have had experience in dealing with all aspects of alcohol, gaming and entertainment licensing, having dealt with local authorities all over London, and beyond.
We are able to help and advise on a broad range of matters, including:
- Applications for premises licence (new and variations)
- Preparation of operating schedules
- Advice on compliance with premises licence conditions
- Negotiations with responsible authorities
- Minor variations and personal licence applications
- Advocacy at licensing authority hearings and magistrates’ courts
- Applications for and advice on temporary events notices
- Advice on prosecutions, reviews, closure orders and appeals
- PPL and PRS licences
- Adult entertainment licensing
- Gaming licences
- Taxi licensing
- Outside table and chairs licences
- Sale and purchase of licensed property
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Taking instructions from you at an initial meeting.
- Deciding the most appropriate course of action, based on your circumstances.
- Completing relevant applications.
- Drafting and displaying notices advertising the premises notice application.
- Ensuring there are no errors on the license once it is granted and making amendments if there are.
Our average costs for these matters are between £500 and £1,500 plus VAT.
Our hourly rates are as below:
|Partner||£425 plus VAT (approx.)|
|Solicitor or in-house Barrister||£350 plus VAT (approx.)|
|Paralegal or Legal Trainee||£175 plus VAT (approx.)|
On average these cases entail 8-12 weeks of work. The exact duration and costs of your case will vary depending on the value of the property. For a more accurate quote, please contact us at Audley Chaucer.
Costs quoted here do not include:
- Application fees.
- Other expenses where applicable such as copy of documents.
We will let you know at the earliest opportunity if any of these costs are applicable.
Please note these rates apply from January 2019 and will be reviewed annually.
Licensing matters typically conclude between 3 and 9 months although this may vary on the nature and complexity of the matter.