We will keep you fully informed about developments in your transaction every step of the way.
In addition to buying or selling, freehold or leasehold estates, we can advise you on:
- Transfers of Equity
- Deeds of Gift
- Sales and Purchases Including Right to Buy and Compulsory Purchase
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements
- Neighbour disputes
- HM Land Registry disputes
- Auction sales or purchases
- New Property Sales and Purchases
- Shared Equity Sales and Purchases
- Repossession of property, including eviction of squatters
- Recovery of rent and service charges
- Rights of way, rights of light and other real estate disputes
- Party wall, boundary and neighbour disputes
- Adverse possession claims
- Enforcement of mortgages
- Conveyancing disputes
- Leasehold management disputes, especially concerning service charges
- Appointment of residential property managers
- Right to manage advice and disputes
- Disputed enfranchisement and lease extension claims
- Property related solicitors’ negligence
- Property related insolvency disputes.
Our Services Include:
- Taking instructions from you at an initial meeting.
- Deciding the most appropriate course of action, based on your circumstances.
- Keeping all parties informed throughout the process.
- Obtaining contract pack and raising pre-contract enquiries.
- Reviewing replies to enquiries, searches and investigating title.
- Reporting back to you on our findings.
- Exchanging contracts with the other side.
- Preparing for completion, after which ownership of the property will formally change hands.
- Carrying out post-completion steps, to ensure that all records are up to date and that you are supplied with new relevant documents.
Our average costs are between £500 and £3,000 plus VAT for a sale and between £1,000 and £5,000 plus VAT for a purchase.
Our hourly rates are as below:
|Partner||£425 plus VAT (approx.)|
|Solicitor or in-house Barrister||£350 plus VAT (approx.)|
|Paralegal or Legal Trainee||£175 plus VAT (approx.)|
On average these cases entail 8-12 weeks of work. The exact duration and costs of your case will vary depending on the value of the property and the circumstances. For a more accurate quote, please contact us at Audley Chaucer.
Costs quoted here do not include:
- Other expenses, such as HM Land Registry fees, relevant searches and other third-party costs which may be required
We will let you know at the earliest opportunity if any of these costs are applicable.
Please note these rates apply from January 2019 and will be reviewed annually.