As well as a professional and affordable debt recovery service we also provide:
Advice on how to avoid bad debts before they arise by drafting terms and conditions or advising on your existing terms;
- A review of your current credit control systems and offer any recommendations;
- Credit check facilities;
- Advice on the prospects of recovering your debt successfully from the outset;
- A highly experienced litigation lawyer
Geographically we are located within half a mile of the Royal Courts of Justice and the Central London County Court.
Where appropriate however we will issue court proceedings via the County Court Bulk Issue centre.
We can offer the following services:
- Pre-action recoveries, using mediation where appropriate;
- County and High Court proceedings;
- Defended actions
Our Services Include:
- Taking instructions from you at an initial meeting.
- Deciding the most appropriate course of action, based on your circumstances.
- Sending a letter before action to the other parties involved.
- Making a claim to recover the debt in question.
Our average costs for these matters are between £500 and £3,000 plus VAT.
Our hourly rates are as below:
|Partner||£425 plus VAT (approx.)|
|Solicitor or in-house Barrister||£350 plus VAT (approx.)|
|Paralegal or Legal Trainee||£175 plus VAT (approx.)|
On average these cases entail 8-12 weeks of work. The exact duration and costs of your case may vary depending on the circumstances. For a more accurate quote, please contact us at Audley Chaucer.
Costs quoted here do not include:
- Third party costs.
- Other expenses where applicable such as travel or copy of documents.
We will let you know at the earliest opportunity if any of these costs are applicable.
Please note these rates apply from January 2019 and will be reviewed annually.
Disbursements for Debt Recovery work often include court fees ranging between £35 and £455 for claims up to £10,000, if the claim is valued between £10,000.01 and £200,000 the court fee would be 5% of the claim. For claims over £200,000, the court fee is £10,000. These disbursements do not attract VAT.
Furthermore, Counsel fees are likely to be incurred at an additional cost ranging between £1,000 to £10,000 plus VAT depending on the nature and complexity of the case.
Furthermore, if you wish to serve a statutory demand on an individual or a company, then disbursement will include the cost of a process server which typically ranges between £95 plus VAT to £150 plus VAT.
Our fees and some disbursements are subject to VAT at 20%.